Social Welfare Schemes in Assam | Social Welfare Schemes Assam 2022 | Social Welfare Department Assam
Orunodoi, Anganwadi, Old Age Pension, National Scholarship, etc are some of the common social welfare schemes in Assam. But, do you know, there are more than 100 social welfare schemes in Assam in 2022. All these schemes are for the development, protection and right to life for the vulnerable section of our society.
In this post, I will highlight all the social welfare schemes in Assam 2022. But first I will briefly describe the social welfare and social welfare departments of Assam. Next, I will categorize types of welfare schemes in Assam and list all the scheme.
WHAT IS SOCIAL WELFARE?
Welfare or Social Welfare is the support of any organization or government for its citizens to meet basic human needs. It also protects its citizens from the economic risks and insecurities in their life.
Social Welfare is done through schemes, programmes, projects or some mission for the citizens or through some Non-Governmental Organization (NGOs).
Assam can’t be developed without the development of the most vulnerable section of the society of Assam. Children, Women, Senior Citizen, Mentally Ill, Homeless, etc are part of our society that needs our attention. For those, social welfare schemes in Assam are essential.
SOCIAL WELFARE DEPARTMENT ASSAM
Social Welfare Schemes or Programmes or projects are run both by the Central Government and State Government. In Assam, there is an exclusive department for Social Welfare.
Under this department there are 3 main wings as listed below.
- Social Welfare Department at Assam Secretariat
- Directorate Of Social Welfare (Women and Child Development Sector)
- Directorate Of Social Welfare (Social Justice and Empowerment Sector)
The Directorate of Social Welfare was created by Govt. of Assam in the year 1960. The Directorate was made permanent from 20-09-1965 and a full fledged Social Welfare Administrative Department was created on 19th September 1991.
SOCIAL WELFARE SCHEMES IN ASSAM
The development and protection of Child, Women, Definitely Abled, Old Age & Senior Citizen,homeless, Mentally Ill, etc. in any state is essential and must. Social Welfare Schemes in Assam play a key role for all these peoples.
Social Welfare Schemes in Assam are either of the 3 kinds as listed below.
- 100% Centrally Funded Schemes
- 100% State Funded Schemes
- Partially Central Funded Schemes
Most of the social welfare schemes in Assam are centrally funded schemes.
In Assam, there the social welfare scheme falls in the following category based on the type of schemes.
- Women Welfare Schemes Assam
- Child Welfare Schemes Assam
- Senior Citizen Welfare Schemes Assam
- Differently Abled Welfare Schemes Assam
- Other Social Welfare Schemes
In the next section I will list some of the schemes that fall under each of the categories.
WOMEN WELFARE SCHEMES ASSAM
There can be no social and economic development in the society without the development and welfare of women.
So, for the advancement of women, the government of Assam and India formulates various social welfare schemes in Assam for women.
LIST OF SOCIAL WELFARE SCHEMES IN ASSAM FOR WOMEN
There are various social welfare schemes in Assam for women. Some of the popular ones are listed below.
- Orunodoi Scheme
- Ujjwala New Scheme
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY)
- Rajiv Gandhi Scheme for Empowerment of Adolescent Girls (RGSEAG)SABLA
- Scheme of Universalisation of Women Helpline
- Working Women Hostel Scheme
- National Mission for Empowerment of Women (NMEW)
- Maternity Benefit Programme (IGMSY)
- Homes for destitute women
- Beti Bachao Beti Padhao
- Mission Purna Shakti
CHILD WELFARE SCHEMES ASSAM
ICDS or Anganwadi Centers is a popular social Welfare scheme in Assam for children. But there are also many other child social welfare schemes in Assam.
LIST OF SOCIAL WELFARE SCHEMES IN ASSAM FOR CHILD
There are various social welfare schemes in Assam for child. Some of the popular ones are listed below.
- Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS)
- Integrated Child Protection Scheme (ICPS)
- Poshan Abhiyaan
SENIOR CITIZEN WELFARE SCHEMES ASSAM
As per 2011 census report, there are more than 5 lakhs senior citizens. Senior citizens and old people are the most vulnerable population in our society. So, various social welfare schemes in Assam for senior citizens are enacted.
Most of the schemes are in the form of money through Direct Benefit Transfer or Aid to Non-governmental Organizations (NGO) running old age homes for senior citizens.
LIST OF SOCIAL WELFARE SCHEMES IN ASSAM FOR SENIOR CITIZEN
There are various social welfare schemes in Assam for children. Some of the popular ones are listed below.
- Integrated Programme for Older Person (IPOP)
- Assam State Senior Citizen Welfare Council
- Health Care for the Aged
- Old Age Home
- Financial Grant to NGO – run Old Age Home.
DIFFERENTLY ABLED WELFARE SCHEMES ASSAM
Differently abled are the most venerable section of our society. They are the most neglected section of our society. So, there need to be more social welfare schemes in Assam for them.
Differently abled are the persons who has some kind of disability. The disability may be some kind of illness, injury or or condition that makes it difficult for someone to do some things that other people do.
LIST OF SOCIAL WELFARE SCHEMES IN ASSAM FOR DIFFERENTLY ABLED
There are various social welfare schemes in Assam for differently abled. Some of the popular ones are listed below.
- Assistance to Disabled Persons for Purchase/fitting of Aids and Appliances (ADIP) Scheme
- Scheme for Implementation of Persons with Disabilities Act (SIPDA)
- Deen Dayal Divyangjan Pension Achoni
- Deen Dayal Divyangjan Punar Santhapan Achani
- Scholarship To The Student With Disabilities
- Scholarship To The Physically Handicapped Students Pursuing Medical & Technical Education
- Unemployment allowances to Persons with Disability
- Rehabilitation Grant
- Allowances to the family with disabled children.
- Allowance to employees with disabilities and child care allowance to women employees with disabilities.
OTHER SOCIAL WELFARE SCHEMES
Apart for social welfare schemes of Assam for women, child, senior citizens and differently abled, there are many other social welfare schemes in Assam.
There are social welfare schemes for homeless, durg and alcohol addict, beggar, metally ill, etc. Some of them are listed in the next section.
LIST OF OTHER SOCIAL WELFARE SCHEMES IN ASSAM
There are many other social welfare schemes in Assam. Some of the popular ones are listed below.
- Scheme of Assistance for the Prevention of Alcoholism and Substance (Drugs) Abuse
- Half Way Home for Welfare of Homeless & Mentally Ill person
So, I think as of now, you have got an overall knowledge of all the social welfare schemes in Assam. I have discussed the social welfare department of Assam. Then, I have listed Social welfare schemes for women, child, differently abled, senior citizen, etc
I will add more to the list now and then. Moreover, each social welfare scheme in Assam will be discussed in a separate post. So, do please keep visiting www.guwahatilive.com