Manohari Gold Tea . Manohari Gold Tea of Assam. Manohari Gold Tea Price. Manohari Gold Tea Benefits .Buy Manohari Gold Tea Online
Assam Tea is famous worldwide for its strong flavor. Assam is now producing world class specialty teas. Recently, Manohari Gold Tea made it to the headlines. It was auctioned for a whopping amount of Rs 1 lakhs ($ 1,311) for 1 kg of tea.
Manohari Gold Tea became an overnight star. So, you might want to know everything about this tea. In this post, I will give you details about Manohari Gold Tea. I will provide you the price Manohari Gold Tea was sold in the last few years, how Manohari gold tea is made, why it is costly. by whom it is made, etc
Manohari Gold Tea of Assam
Assam is the largest single tea producing region in the world. The tea grown here was started by the Britisher. So, the core tea style is British. Assam Tea is known for its strong flavor rather than subtlety or delicacy of flavor.
Manohari Gold Tea is full bodied aromatic tea. It has a bright yellowish color. Your taste bud will suit properly with its malty tea liquor.
Manohari Gold is a specialty tea of the Gold Tea category. It is a very rare variety of tea. It has a particular and peculiar tea leaves plucking procedure. The making of Manohari Gold Tea is also different from other specialty teas of Assam.
Auction Price of Manohari Gold Tea : Year wise
Tea of Assam are auctioned at Guwahati Tea Auction Centre (GTAC). Tea auctions are held normally on Tuesday and Wednesday of the week. On the day of auction, brokers and buyers meet in the auction hall of GTAC.
Manohari Gold has been auctioned from 2018 in GTAC. The year wise auctioned price and buyers are given the table below.
|Sl. No||Year||Price||Bought By|
|1||2018||₹ 39,001 per kg||Saurabh Tea Traders Pvt Ltd|
|2||2019||₹ 50,000 per kg||Saurabh Tea Traders Pvt Ltd|
|3||2020||₹ 75,001 per kg||Vishnu Tea Company|
|4||2021||₹ 99,999 per kg||Saurabh Tea Traders Pvt Ltd|
Why was Manohari Gold Tea of Assam Sold for 1 Lakh Rupees Per Kg? What makes Manohari Gold Tea So Special?
The smell, taste and color make a tea different from other teas. There are many points to consider that make Manohari Gold Tea unique. Let me list them.
- This tea only grows in a particular climate, weather and place.
- Manohari Gold Tea is made from the finest clone of the tea plant – the P-126/A.
- Manohari Gold Tea is made from buds of tea tree. A single tea tree produces only one bud. So, imagine how much trees are required to produce 1 kg of tea.
- Only 80 grams of tea buds of Manohari Gold Tea is plucked in a day.
- The process of making Manohari Gold Tea is tedious, needs special skills and time consuming process.
- The production of this tea is completely orthodox. It uses manual or hand process rather than machines.
- Taste, flavor and color differs from place to place and time to time. Only the gold tea of Manohari Tea Estate has this taste.
- Manohari Tea Estate started making Manohari Gold Tea from 2018. It was invented by a tea planter CK Parasar of Manohari Tea Estate. He taught 15 pluckers to pick the right tea leaves.
- Only a small quantity can be produced each year. Manohari has produced a maximum of 5 kilogram of this tea in a year.
- It has the highest amount of antioxidants.
How is Manohari Gold Tea made?
Manohari Gold tea is not made from tea leaves but from tea buds. It is a very tedious and difficult process. It is made from the finest clone of the tea plant – the P-126/A.
Manohari Gold Tea is made from a second flush of colonial tea buds. It is made from unopened tea buds. These unopened tea buds have fine silvery white hairs. From a plant, only 1 bud is obtained for this kind of tea.
Process of making Manohari Gold Tea
15 well trained pluckers pluck the silver buds or unopened buds of the tea plant. They handpick the leaves during dusk or before sunlight falls on the leaves. It is also plucked only on the particular days of the plucking season month. The second flush plucking season is between May and June. How the particular days are decided, is a hidden fact. Plucking of buds takes about 2-3 hours.
Withering of Manohari Gold Tea takes 19 hours. Withering is process in which a tea leaves or bud wilt naturally. It starts from the moment the tea bud is plucked from tea tree. In withering process chemical changes takes place. The buds are put on wire mesh to wither.
Then the tea leaves are brought to the factory and hand dried. While drying the tea leaves fine hairs on the leaves withered away. On drying, it turns into a golden color. Only a few kilograms are produced each year.
Manohari Gold Tea Benefits
Manohari Gold Tea has a positive effect on our health and well-being due to the high presence of many substances beneficial to our body. Like it has the highest amount of antioxidants. Manohari Gold Tea has a high amount of polyphenols, flavonoids and tannins. Now let us see what are its health benefits.
- Due to the presence of antioxidants, polyphenols, flavonoids and tannins it overall repairs our body.
- It will help you to fight heart disease by preventing bad LDL cholesterol.
- You can lose weight rapidly by drinking this tea.
- Due to the high presence of antioxidants, Manohari Gold Tea can help you to repair and maintain your skin.
- Manohari Gold Tea has an antioxidant called epigallocatechin gallate, This enhances our hair growth and prevents hair loss.
- You can regulate type-2 diabetics by drinking Manohari Gold Tea.
Manohari Tea Estate: Producer of Manohari Gold Tea
Manohari Gold Tea is produced by Manohari Gold Tea of Assam. It is owned by Suntok Tea Company LLP. This tea estate mainly focuses on high quality, exotic tea variety and specialty tea of Assam.
Tea Production by Manohari Tea Estate
Manohari Tea Estate produces nearly 5 lakhs kilograms of tea in a year. But only produced a maximum of 5 kilograms of Manohari Gold Tea.
Address of Manohari Tea Estate
Suntok Tea Company LLP
P.O. Manohari, Dibrugarh– 786012, Assam
Phone: +91 (373) 2327070
Email: [email protected]
Weekdays: 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Buy Manohari Gold Tea Online
You can buy Manohari Gold Tea Online from the following links.
Due to the high demand for this tea, they are out of stock. I have not found an Amazon link for this particular kind of Brand. But there are other brands that sell gold tea.
If you want to taste affordable Assam Tea, I have provided details of all the Best Authentic Assam Tea to buy online.
Other Speciality Teas of Assam
The tea planters were mostly producing CTC teas. But from 6-7 years back, many planters started growing many specialty teas. Some of the specialty teas grown were
- Gold Tea
- Yellow Tea
- Purple Tea
- Oolong Tea
- White Tea
- Silver Needle