Exactly 50% of marks in SEBA Class 10 HSLC Examination is assigned for MCQ and Very Short Answer (VSA) Questions. 4 MCQ of 1 mark each will come from SEBA Class 10 Maths Chapter 2 MCQ (Polynomials).
So, we have prepared 10 important SEBA Class 10 Maths Chapter 2 MCQ (Polynomials). Before that, we will provide detailed syllabus and topics of Chapter 2 Polynomials prescribed by SEBA for Class 10. Moreover, we have provided mark distribution of SEBA Class 10 Maths Chapter 2 Polynomials.
SYLLABUS OF SEBA CLASS 10 MATHS CHAPTER 2 (POLYNOMIALS)
First let us know the syllabus of SEBA Class 10 Maths Chapter 2 – Polynomials.
- Zeros of a polynomial
- Relationship between zeros and coefficients of a polynomial with particular reference to quadratic polynomials.
- Statement and simple problems on division algorithm for polynomials with real coefficients.
TOPICS COVERED UNDER SEBA CLASS 10 MATHS CHAPTER 2 (POLYNOMIALS)
The SCERT Maths textbook for Class 10 have the following topics in Chapter 2 – Polynomials.
- 2.1 Introduction
- 2.2 Geometrical Meaning of the Zeroes of a Polynomial.
- 2.3 Relationship between Zeroes and Coefficients of a Polynomial.
- 2.4 Division Algorithm for Polynomials
There are 4 exercises covering the above topics including optional exercise. The solution of Chapter 2 exercise can be found in this link.
We have covered all the topics for preparing the SEBA Class 10 Maths Chapter 2 MCQ.
SEBA CLASS 10 MATHS CHAPTER 2 (POLYNOMIALS) MARKS DISTRIBUTION
3 (3) types of questions or question format will be asked from Class 10 Maths chapter 2 (Polynomials) as listed below.
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) – 1 Marks each
- Very Short Answer (VSA) – 1 Marks each
- Long Answer – 4 Marks each
These questions of this chapter will be based on knowledge and understanding. 4 MCQ of 1 marks each of SEBA Class 10 Maths Chapter 2 MCQ (Polynomials) will be asked in SEBA HSLC Examination.
The detail marks distribution is shown in the table below.
|MCQ/VSA (1 Marks)||2 x1 =2||2 x 1=2||–||–||4|
|SA-I (2 Marks)||–||–||–||–||–|
|SA-II (3 marks)||–||–||–||–||–|
|LA (4 Marks)||–||1 x 4 = 4||–||–||4|
Since all the question from this chapter is knowledge based and understanding, the questions from this chapter will be easy and straight forward. You can easily score 8 marks from this chapter.
SEBA CLASS 10 MATHS CHAPTER 2 (POLYNOMIALS) MCQ
1.If one zero of the quadratic polynomial X2 + 3x + k is 2, then the value of k is
a) 10 b) -10 c) 5 d) -5
2. What is the coefficient of the x2 term in the polynomial 3x2 – 2x + 5?
a) 3 b) 2 c) 5 d) 0
3.Given that two of the zeroes of the cubic polynomial ax3 + bx2 + cx + d are 0, the third zero is
a) -b/a b) b/a c) c/a d) -d/a
4. What is the product of the roots of the polynomial x3 – 3x2 + 2x + 1?
a) 0 b) 1 c) 2 d) 3
5. If the zeroes of the quadratic polynomial x2 + (a + 1) x + b are 2 and –3, then
(a) a = –7, b = –1 (b) a = 5, b = –1 (c) a = 2, b = – 6 (d) a = 0, b = – 6
6. If the zeroes of the quadratic polynomial ax2 + bx + c, c ≠ 0 are equal, then
(a) c and a have opposite signs
(b) c and b have opposite signs
(c) c and a have the same sign
(d) c and b have the same sign
7. . If one of the zeroes of a quadratic polynomial of the form x2 +ax + b is the negative of the other, then it
(a) has no linear term and the constant term is negative.
(b) has no linear term and the constant term is positive.
(c) can have a linear term but the constant term is negative.
(d) can have a linear term but the constant term is positive.
8. A quadratic polynomial, whose zeroes are –3 and 4, is
(a) x2 – x + 12
(b) x2 + x + 12
(c) x2/2- x/2 – 6
(d) 2x2 + 2x –24
9. If a polynomial p(x) of degree n, the graph of y=p(x) intersects the x-axis at utmost n points. Then, the polynomial p(x) of degree n has at most how many zeroes.
a) 0 b) n-1 c) n d) n+1
10. The number of zeroes, the polynomial p (x) = (x – 2)2 + 4 can have, is
(a) 1 (b) 2 (c) 0 (d) 3
SEBA CLASS 10 MATHS MCQ PDF
The SEBA Class 10 Maths Chapter 2 MCQ PDF is given below
More chapters will added in this list. So, keep visiting www.guwahatilive.com Education Section
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is the 10th board exam MCQ?
50% of the marks in Class 10th Board Exam are MCQ based.
How can I get 100 marks in maths in 10th?
Maths is one of the subjects to score 100 marks is Class 10. Those who have their concepts clear and practice math sums/problems have very high chance of getting 1000 marks in Class 10. Time is also an important factor. You have to be quick in solving problems.
We have also provided detailed syllabus and topics of Chapter 2 Polynomials prescribed by SEBA for Class 10 in this post. We have also provided mark distribution of SEBA Class 10 Chapter 2 Polynomials.
At the end, we have provide 10 important MCQs on SEBA Class 10 Maths Chapter 2 Polynomials. If you want the answer to all the SEBA Class 10 Maths Chapter 2 MCQ (Polynomials), do comment us.