50% of marks in SEBA Class 10 HSLC Examination is allotted for MCQ and Very Short Answer (VSA) Questions. 4 Marks out of 7 marks will come from SEBA Class 10 Maths Chapter 1 MCQ (Real Numbers).
So, we have prepared 10 important MCQ Questions from SEBA Class 10 Maths Chapter 1 Real Numbers. Before that, we will provide details syllabus and topics of Chapter 1 Real Numbers prescribed by SEBA for Class 10. Moreover, we have provided mark distribution of SEBA Class 10 maths Chapter 1 real Numbers.
- SYLLABUS OF SEBA CLASS 10 MATHS CHAPTER 1( REAL NUMBERS )
- SEBA CLASS 10 MATHS CHAPTER 1 (REAL NUMBERS) MARKS DISTRIBUTION
- SEBA CLASS 10 MATHS CHAPTER 1 MCQ
- SEBA CLASS 10 MATHS CHAPTER 1 MCQ PDF
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
SYLLABUS OF SEBA CLASS 10 MATHS CHAPTER 1( REAL NUMBERS )
First let us know the syllabus of SEBA Class 10 Maths Chapter 1 – Real Numbers.
- Euclid’s division lemma
- Fundamental Theorem of Arithmetic statements after reviewing work done earlier and after illustrating and motivating through examples.
- Proofs of results-irrationality of √2, √3, √5, decimal expansions of rational numbers in terms of terminating/non-terminating recurring decimals.
TOPICS COVERED UNDER SEBA CLASS 10 MATHS CHAPTER 1
The SCERT maths textbook for Class 10 have the following topis in Chapter 1 – Real Number.
- Euclid’s Division Lemma
- The Fundamental Theorem of Arithmetic
- Revisiting Irrational Numbers
- Revisiting Rational Numbers and Their Decimal Expansions
There are 4 exercises covering the above topics. The solution of Chapter 1 exercise can be found in this link.
SEBA CLASS 10 MATHS CHAPTER 1 (REAL NUMBERS) MARKS DISTRIBUTION
Five(5) types of questions or question format will be asked from Class 10 maths chapter 1 as listed below.
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) – 1 Marks each
- Very Short Answer (VSA) – 1 Marks each
- Short Answer- Type 1 – 2 Marks each
- Short Answer – Type 2 – 3 Marks each
- Long Answer – 3 Marks each
These questions of this chapter will be based on knowledge and understanding. 4 MCQ of 1 marks each of SEBA Class 10 Maths Chapter 1 MCQ (Real Numbers) will be asked in SEBA HSLC Examination.
The detail marks distribution is shown in the table below.
|MCQ/VSA (1 Marks)||2 x1 =2||2 x 1=2||–||–||4|
|SA-I (2 Marks)||–||1 x 3 = 3||–||–||3|
|SA-II (3 marks)||–||–||–||–||–|
|LA (4 Marks)||–||–||–||–||–|
SEBA CLASS 10 MATHS CHAPTER 1 MCQ
1. HCF of 144 and 198 is
(a) 9 (b) 18 (c) 6 (d) 12
2. 225 can be expressed as
(a) 5 x 3^2 (b) 5 ^2 x 3 (c) 5 ^2 x 3 ^2 (d) 5^ 3 x 3
3.The total numbers of factors of a prime number is
(a) 1 (b) 0 (c) 2 (d) 3
4. The HCF and LCM of 12, 21, 15 respectively are
(a) 3,140 (b)12,420 (c) 3,420 (d) 420,3
5. Using Euclid’s Division Lemma you can find
(a) LCM (b) HCF (c) HCF & LCM (d) Factors
6. Every Composite numbers can be factorised as a product of
(a) Composite number (b) Prime numbers (c) Prime & Composite number (d) Even and Odd numbers
7. HCF of two numbers is 24 and LCM is 148. What is the product of two numbers?
(a) 172 (b) 124 (c) 3552 (d) 148
8. Which one of the following real numbers is a rational number?
(a) 43.123123123 (b) 43.12012001200… (c)43.12312325 (d) None of these
9. Which one of the following real numbers is a terminating decimal expansion?
(a) 64/455 (b) 64/455 (c)77/210 (d) 13/3125
10. Which one of the following real numbers is a non-terminating repeating decimal expansion?
(a)13/3125 (b) 64/455 (c)23/200 (d)13/3125
SEBA CLASS 10 MATHS CHAPTER 1 MCQ PDF
The SEBA Class 10 Maths Chapter 1 MCQ PDF is given below.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is real no class 10?
All Rational Number and Irrational numbers are Real Numbers. There are 2 types of number in this universe- Real and Imaginary Number.
In simple world, all the numbers you have studied this class 10 are real numbers. Natural no, whole numbers, Postive, negative numbers, fractions, integer, rational numbers, irrational numbers, etc makes real numbers.
Is 0 a real numbers?
Yes, 0 is a real number. Natural numbers along with 0 makes whole number. Whole number forms integers and integers form rational numbers. All rational numbers are real numbers.
We have prepared 10 important MCQ Questions from SEBA Class 10 Maths Chapter 1 Real Numbers. We have also provided detailed syllabus and topics of Chapter 1 Real Numbers prescribed by SEBA for Class 10. Moreover, we have also provided mark distribution of SEBA Class 10 maths Chapter1.