We are just a month away from this year to end. So, you must be deciding to go on a picnic. If you are from Guwahati, I have come up with a detailed review on the best picnic spots near Guwahati within 100 km.
The best picnic spots near Guwahati within 100 km is Bogamati. But, if you’ve been there, you can go to Hatisila, Ukiam, Chanaka, etc.
There are many picnic spots nearby Guwahati and I have provided a detailed review on all of them. It is up to you to decide where to go.
WHAT MAKE A PLACE A PERFECT PICNIC SPOT
There is nothing like a perfect picnic spot. But according to me and my experience, I have listed some basic essential things a picnic spot must have. I will list them below and if you have any suggestions please do comment.
- The picnic spot must be a short distance drive from the place you are staying. If you spend a lot of time travelling, then you cannot enjoy the picnic spot. Moreover you will get exhausted.
- The view of the place must be great. It may be near a waterfall, hill, stream, river, etc.
- The picnic spot must have basic amenities. It must be a safe place.
- If the Picnic spot provides scope to do other activities like swimming, hiking, trekking, it would be great.
- There should be plenty of space in the picnic spot.
Bogamati is the most trending picnic spots near Guwahati within 100 km range. It is a beautiful and most picturesque place for picnics and eco-tourism.A natural gift of the Bogamati spot is the panoramic view of mountains and a wide area of land beside the river Barnadi.
Bogamati is located at the Indo-Bhutan Border Area. It lies between two hill ranges and foothills at the Bhutan border. “Bornadi: river originating from Bhutan hills flows through the two ridges of the hill. Bornodi divides into three tributaries, namely Mala, Deuchunga and Jabra (i.e Puthimari), the banks of which are covered with soft white sand.
DISTANCE FROM GUWAHATI
92 Km from Guwahati or and 2.5 hours drive from Guwahati.
LOCATION OF THE PICNIC SPOT
It is located near the Indo-Bhutan border. It lies in Baksa district of Assam, India.
From Jualkubari, Guwahati heads towards Baihata Chariali which is 29 km away from Jalukbari. From Baihata Chairali head straight towards Goreswar. It is just 23 km from Baihata Chariali.
From Goreswar, Bogamati is just 22 km away. You have to take the Goreswar-Naokata road towards Bangalipara. From Bangalipara Football Field, you have to take a left turn towards Bogamati Picnic spot for 11 km. And finally, you will reach your picnic spot.
ATTRACTION OF BOGAMATI
- Bornodi River with cold crystal clear water
- Buddha Temple
- Soft White River Sand
- Plenty of Local Plum (Bogori) Trees.
- Bird Eyes View from Buddha Temple
THINGS TO DO IN BOGAMATI
- Water Rafting
- Jungle Trek
- Bird Watching
BEST TIME TO VISIT THE PICNIC SPOT
For a picnic, the best time to visit is from December to March. It is usually overcrowded in the picnic season of December to January and on weekends. If you want to avoid rush and crowd, avoid this time.
For Water Sports and other activities, the best time is after the picnic season April-June.
THINGS TO TAKE
- It is better to carry your own food, water bottles, etc
- It would be better to carry cooked food, as it would give you time to enjoy the place.
- If you want to cook food there, you will get a lot of places and clean water.
- During the picnic period (December-March), shops are set up by local people. You will get water bottles, oranges, fried meat, etc
THINGS TO AVOID/CAUTION
- No mobile connectivity, when you enter the picnic spot
- Road connection is quite poor. Advice to come back before 5 pm as after sunset it is a hub for wild animals like elephants, tigers , wild boars etc.
- Don’t litter the place. Bring back your waste and dump it in proper place.
FEES/CHARGES TO ENTRY THE PICNIC SPOT
- Entry Fees – Rs 10-20 per peson
- Night Camping – Rs 1500-1800 per person per night
- Zip Lining (To & Fro)- Rs 200-300 per person
- Boat/ Raft Riding – Rs 50
2#. HATISILA PICNIC SPOT
Hatisila is one of the famous picnic spots near Guwahati within 100 km. A large natural huge rock formation is found. It is the shape of the snout of an elephant. So, the place got its name. It is an awesome place to relax in the lap of nature and the river Brahmaputra.
It is an awesome place to enjoy your day with family and friends. You can cook, dine, dance, play in the sand, etc. It has clean surroundings and a safe atmosphere. Wait till sunset, to see its amazing view of the sunset over river Brahmaputra.
DISTANCE FROM GUWAHATI
40 Km from Guwahati (Jalukbari)
LOCATION OF THE PICNIC SPOT
It is located near the bank of the River Brahmaputra in the Chandrapur area. To get to the location of Hatisila Picnic Spot, from Jalukbari head towards Noonmati till Narangi Tinali. From there take Chandrapur Road and go from around 9-10 km. After that, you have to take a left turn and take Shiv Mandir Path. After 1km you will reach your destination.
ATTRACTION OF HATISILA PICNIC SPOT
- View Mighty River Brahmaputra
- River Beach
- Hatisila Ganesh Mandir
THINGS TO DO IN HATISILA PICNIC SPOT
- Boat Riding
- Worship because there is Ganesh Mandir
- Cycling by the River Brahmaputra
BEST TIME TO VISIT HATISILA PICNIC SPOT
You can visit almost all the seasons, but November- April is the best time. During summer, you have to avoid it. The place gets submerged due to natural flooding by the river Brahmaputra.
THINGS TO TAKE TO HATISILA PICNIC SPOT
- Take your own food, as there are no shops nearby.
- Take ample amounts of water for cooking and drinking. As, the river is not fit for cooking or drinking.
THINGS TO AVOID/PRECAUTION IN HATISILA PICNIC SPOT
- Try not to take your car on the sand, it gets struck easily.
- As the place is isolated, go in groups.
- Don’t litter the place.
- Inside the Rock of Ganesh Mandir, there is no light and rock are bit slippery.
FEES/CHARGES TO ENTER THE HATISILA PICNIC SPOT
- Entry Fees – Rs 200-400 per picnic party
- If your car get struck , you have to pay Rs300 to get it out by locals.
Topoban is one of the famous picnic spots near Guwahati within 100 km. It is also situated by the river Brahmaputra. It is a great picnic spot for family and friends. Topoban is a great place to click photos and enjoy a panoramic sunset alongside the Brahmaputra River.
Ample water and Parking Space are available for the picnic. Small shops are also there where you can get some supplies required for the picnic.
DISTANCE FROM GUWAHATI TO TOPOBAN
It is 40 Km from Guwahati (from Jalukbari)
LOCATION OF TOPOBAN
It is located near the bank of the River Brahmaputra in the Chandrapur area. To get to the location of Topoban Picnic Spot, from Jalukbari head towards Noonmati till Narangi Tinali. From there take Chandrapur Road and go from around 15 km.
When you reach Taimara Shoni Mandir, you have to take a left turn. After a 2 km stretch, you will reach your destination.
GOOGLE MAP LINK
ATTRACTION OF TOPOBAN
- Brahmaputra River Beach
THINGS TO DO IN TOPOBAN
- Hangout with family and Friend
- Viewing Sunset
- Boat Riding
- Walking by the shore river Brahmaputra
BEST TIME TO VISIT TOPOBAN
The best time to visit Tapoban is from December to March. THINGS TO TAKE
If you book in advance, you will get a tent. You can order lunch also. But if you want to make your own food, take everything with you.
THINGS TO AVOID/CAUTION IN TOPOBAN
- Do not go there during the rainy season.
- No Washroom or Bathroom.
FEES/CHARGES TO ENTER TOPOBAN
- Entry Fees – Bike is Rs 20, For Car it is Rs 100, Bus it is Rs 1000/-.
- You can advance a book for your whole picnic party for Rs 1000, you will get tend and nice place.
- You can also order lunch also.
Chanaka is one of the most wonderful places in the midst of the magical Mayang with the sandy beach of the great Brahmaputra. It is one the best place for picnics, camping and trekking.
It is situated on the beach of the river Brahmaputra on one side. On other three sides in the canopy of the hilly blue hills is Burha Mayang. It is a wonderful place for trekking and hiking. It is famous for its view and the nature camp and picnic place and also for mind refreshments.
There are a lot of resorts and eco camps. You can stay there and enjoy the day. You can eat and dine there.
DISTANCE FROM GUWAHATI CHANAKA
It is just 64 km from Guwahati (from Jalukbari)
LOCATION OF CHANAKA
It is located near the bank of the River Brahmaputra near Mayang, Morigaon. To get to the location of the picnic spot, from Jalukbari head towards Noonmati till Narangi Tinali. From there take Chandrapur Road and go from around 30 km pasing by Gobardhan Bridge and Burha-Mayang.
Befeore reaching Loonmati State Dispensery, you have to take sharp left turn and go for another 3 km, you will reach your destination.
ATTRACTION OF CHANAKA
- Chanaka Nature Camp
- Beach Fire Resort
- Chanaka Beach Camp
THINGS TO DO IN CHANAKA
- Beach Camping
- Bonfire/ Camp fire
- Sunset & Sunrise Viewing over River Brahmaputra
- Trekking & Hiking.
BEST TIME TO VISIT CHANAKA
It is best to visit Chanaka during winters or after the rainy season. So, please visit this place from Nov to March . Start early reach early and move out early before sunset.
THINGS TO TAKE TO CHANAKA
As there is plenty of food readily available in the resort, it is better not to carry any food. Local food is available on advance booking. It’s the ultimate family outing place. But, if you want to cook your own food, carry everything.
THINGS TO AVOID/ CAUTION IN CHANAKA
- Don’t litter the place.
- Many have complained that the food quality is bad in resort and eco part at chanaka.
FEES/CHARGES TO ENTER CHANAKA
- Entry Fees- No Fees
- For camping by the night, you will be charged Rs100 for setting up the camp and for toilet Rs 100 per person.
Ukiam is situated in Assam-Meghalaya Border and just 56 km away from Jalukbari, Guwahati. Ukium is located under Chhaygaon LAC in the Kamrup district.
The main river is Kulsi but the mingling of three rivers – Drone, Sree and Dilma – adds to the beauty of Ukium. The place is mainly inhabited mostly by Garos and other ethnic people .
Ukiam is a good place for outings, picnics, and boating. It has clear greenish water. You will also love the waterfall near Kafandonga which is accessible via boat.
DISTANCE FROM GUWAHATI TO UKIAM
It is 56 kms away from Guwahati and 40 km from Guwahati Airport.
LOCATION OF UKIAM
Ukiam is situated just 56 km away from Guwahati. From Jalukbari, you should head to Goalpara-Guwahati National Highway. After going for nearly 30 km, you will reach Chaygaon. From Chaygoan you have to take a left turn and travel for another 26 km to reach your destination.There is also another picnic ground in Ukiam that is 2 km away from the main picnic spot.
ATTRACTION OF UKIAM
- Kulsi River
- Hanging Bridge (100 meters)
THINGS TO DO IN UKIAM
- Local products from the markets nearby.
BEST TIME TO VISIT UKIAM
The best time in Ukiam is mainly during the non-rainy season. But during the peak time of picnic i.e December and January, it is overcrowded. If you are okay with the crowd, do visit this place during December and January.
THINGS TO TAKE TO UKIAM
- If you want to enjoy the palace, take cooked food and water for drinking.
- If you want to cook food, take everything. You can get firewood for cooking form the locals, otherwise take a gas stove.
THINGS TO AVOID/CAUTION IN UKIAM
- Don’t visit this place during the rainy season.
- Mobile Network connectivity gets lost in this area.
FEES/CHARGES TO ENTER UKIAM
- Entry Fees- Rs 100 to Rs 500 per picnic party
- River Cruise- Rs 50 -Rs 100 per head
Other Picnic Spots Near Guwahati Within 100 km
Some other worth mentioning picnic spots near Guwahati within 100 km are listed below.
- AGYATHURI PICNIC SPOT
- DEEPOR BEEL
- TATIMARA PCINIC SPOT
- Ghaguah Semu Picnic Spot
- UMSIANG PICNIC PLACE
- MADHUBON PICNIC SPOT
- ROCK VALLEY
- TAMULBARI KARUA PCINIC SPOT
- THEGERIA WATERFALL
Let us bid farewell to this year and welcome the New Year with our friends and family. The best thing to do is to go for a picnic together. So, I have provided detailed information of the best 5 picnic spots near Guwahati within 100 km. Do visit any of these places and let me know in the comment below.