Assam Vehicle Scrapping Policy 2022| Certificate of Deposit| Certificate of Vehicle Scrapping| Documents Required for Scrapping Vehicles in Assam
Smoke from your vehicle is one of the main causes of pollution. The older your vehicle gets the more it will produce smoke. So, the Assam Cabinet on 5th July, 2022 approved the Assam Vehicle Scrapping Policy 2022.
According to the Assam Vehicle Scrapping Policy 2022, over 15 years old vehicles, damaged vehicles, vehicles without fitness certificate, etc will be scrapped through Registered Vehicle Scrapping Facility(RVSF) in a scientific manner.
This post will bring all the necessary information related to the Assam Vehicle Scrapping Policy 2022. First, you will get to know the objective of this policy, briefly about RVSF, categories of vehicles that will be scrapped, documents required to be submitted for scrapping vehicles, etc. In the end, you will get to know about the benefits of this policy.
WHAT IS SCRAPPING?
All of you might know about scrapping, so you might skip this section. But for those who dosent, knowing the basics will clear your doubt about this policy.
Scrapping means dismantling, segregation, recycling of materials and safe disposal of non-reusable parts of any object by using different methods.
In context to this post, scrapping means dismantling and segregation of a vehicle and recycling of materials to make other products and safe disposal of non-reusable parts of the vehicle.
WHAT IS ASSAM VEHICLE SCRAPPING POLICY 2022?
Government of India issued a notification in 2021 to prohibit unfit and old vehicles to ply on roads starting from June 1,2024.
On the basis of the above notification, the Assam Cabinet on 5th July, 2022 approved the Assam Vehicle Scrapping Policy 2022 to ensure proper scrapping operation of End of Life vehicles.
OBJECTIVES OF ASSAM VEHICLE SCRAPPING POLICY 2022
The Assam Vehicle Scrapping Policy 2022 was mainly brought keeping in mind to safeguard our environment. To elaborate, I will list all the minute objectives of this policy in this section.
- Reducing Pollution caused by smoke from old and unfit vehicles.
- Improving Road and Vehicular Safety
- Improving Fuel Efficiency of vehicles
- Reduction of Maintenance Cost
- Formalization of Vehicle Recycling Industry
- Scrapping of Vehicle in Scientific Manner
- Promoting Circular Economy
- Setting up of Registered Vehicle Scrapping Facility(RVSF)
CATEGORY OF VEHICLES TO BE SCRAPPED IN ASSAM VEHICLE SCRAPPING POLICY 2022
Only certain categories of vehicles will be scrapped according to this policy. The type of vehicles that will be scrapped according to this policy are listed below.
- All Transport and Non-Transport Vehicles which are more than 15 years old of Assam.
- Government/Government Agencies / Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) Vehicles which are more than 15 years old.
- Vehicles which don’t have Fitness Certificate
- Impounded Vehicle,
- Vehicles destroyed by accident, fire, riot, etc
- Vehicles which have outlived their utility or application particularly for projects in mining, highways, power, farms etc.
- Manufacturing rejects, test vehicles, prototype, vehicles damaged during transportation from vehicle
- Vehicles voluntarily submitted by the owner for scrapping.
REGISTERED VEHICLE SCRAPPING FACILITY (RVSF)
Registered Vehicle Scrapping Facility will be a government registered firm/agency/society/trust/company whose main purpose is to scrap vehicles. Scrapping will include depolluting, dismantling, segregation of material, safe disposal of non-reusable parts, etc.
The Assam Vehicle Scrapping Policy 2022 will come to effect after setting up of Registered Vehicle Scrapping Facility (RVSP).
The RVSF will scrap all the types of vehicles registered under Assam which fall under this policy . It may scarp the vehicles registered under State/UT.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR SCRAPPING VEHICLES IN ASSAM
You will need the following documents to be submitted to RVSF for scrapping your vehicles. This has to be submitted in RVSF.
- Form-2 of Vehicle Scrapping Policy.
- Original Certificate of Registration
- Authorisation from the Registered Owner
- If the vehicle is received as an inheritance, the death certificate of the registered owner accompanied with any proof of succession.
- If the vehicle is bought in an Auction.Certificate or Order confirming the sale of the vehicle in a public auction in his favor duly signed by the person authorized to conduct the auction.
CERTIFICATE OF VEHICLE SCRAPPING
The Registered Vehicle Scrapping Facility(RVSF) will issue 2 certificates if you have submitted and scrapped your vehicles. They are listed below.
- Certificate of Deposit
- Certificate of Vehicle Scrapping
The certificate of Deposit will be necessary and sufficient to avail all benefits provided the government on purchase of new vehicles.
The Certificate of Vehicle Scrapping will be issued by RVSF when your vehicle is fully scrapped. It will include photographs of scrapped vehicles also.
BENEFITS OF ASSAM VEHICLE SCRAPPING POLICY 2022
The direct benefit of scrapping vehicles as per Assam Vehicle Scrapping Policy 2022 will go to owners. But there are many hidden and indirect benefits of this policy. All of this will be discussed in this section.
The owner of the vehicle or the person who possesses ‘Certificate of Deposit’ or ‘Certificate of Vehicle Scrapping’ will get benefit under One Time Settlement scheme. When the owner buys a new car, he/she will get a rebate of 25% of Motor Vehicle Tax for Non-Transport Vehicle and 15% for Transport Vehicles
If anyone opts to buy an electric car, you will get double benefit. First you will get the benefit of Assam Vehicle Scrapping Policy 2022 and the benefit of Assam Electric Vehicle Policy 2021.
There are also other indirect benefits of this policy. Some are listed below
- Circular Economy
- Employment Generation
All the components of your vehicles can be recycled including steel, plastics, rubber, etc. These commodities can be reused to make new vehicles. This is a circular economy where everything gets recycled.
Setting up of Registered Vehicle Scrapping Facility and the process of scrapping will require people. This will generate employment for the people of Assam.
Summing up, in this blog post I have covered the Assam Vehicle Scrapping Policy 2022 which was passed in the Assam cabinet on 5th July, 2022. You have come to know about the objective of this policy, Registered Vehicle Scrapping Facility(RVSF), categories of vehicles that will be scrapped, documents required to be submitted for scrapping vehicles, etc. In the end, I have provided information about the benefits of this policy.
I hope now you have got a fair knowledge of Assam Vehicle Scrapping Policy 2022. I have covered all the information as of now. More will be added so please keep visiting this blog www.guwahatilive.com