At present NISTHA and DISHA is a buzz among the teachers. If you are a teacher, you only know you have to finish 3 courses in a month. But, you are confused and have a lot of questions. You have come to the right website. I will explain everything about NISTHA Teachers Training for Assam.
In simple words, under NISTHA you have to complete 13 courses in 5 months. That is every month, you have to complete 3 courses. After each course, you have to give an exam on 20 MCQ-based questions. If you get 70% in the exam, you will be given a certificate.
In this post, I will explain everything on NISTHA Teachers Training for Assam. You will get to know how to register, choose a course, complete the course, give exams, download certificates, etc.
Meaning of NISTHA
NISTHA is a programme launched by Govt. Of India to enhance your (teachers) skill in teaching. It’s main aim is to improve the quality of school education through teacher training.
In simple words, NISTHA is an online teacher’s training programme. The platform/website or mobile app to take training is DISHA.
NISTHA programme was launched on 21st August, 2019. Mainly, NISTHA Programme is planned to launch in 3 versions. They are listed below.
- NISTHA 1.0
- NISTHA 2.0
- NISTHA 3.0
NISTHA Full Form
The full form of NISTHA is National Initiative for Schools Heads’ and Teachers Holistic Advancement.
As per New Education Policy (NEP), 2020, every teacher and headteacher is expected to participate in at least 50 hours of Continuous Professional Development (CPD). So, NISTHA Programme is planned to be conducted in 3 versions or phases.
NISTHA Programme is planned to launch in 3 versions. To list, they are
- NISTHA 1.0
It is for Elementary Level Teachers i.e Teachers of Class I to Class VIII.
- NISTHA 2.0
It is for Higher Secondary Level Teachers i.e Teachers of Class IX and Class X.
- NISTHA 3.0
It is for Playgroup Teachers to Elementary Level Teachers i.e Teachers of Playgroup to Class V. NISTHA 3.0 is also known as NIPUN Bharat.
Who will conduct the NISHTHA Programme?
SCERT (State Council of Educational Research and Training) of Assam will be fully involved. They will coordinate, monitor the training of the Key Resource Person (KRP), State Resource Person (SRP), teachers and heads of schools.
Recently, NCERT in collaboration with States & UTs and several autonomous bodies has initiated NISTHA 2.0 for you. The autonomous bodies involved are.
- Ministry of Education (MoE)
- Ministry of Defense (MoD)
- Sainik School
- Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MoTA)
Features of NISTHA
- Capacity building of 4.2 million teachers
- Integrated training of principals/heads as key academic support
- Focus on competency and higher order thinking skills based teaching learning
- Training of all heads and teachers as first level counselors
- Promoting experiential and joyful learning
- Awareness of centrally sponsored schemes/initiatives
- Online monitoring and support system
- Convergence of multi-departmental efforts
- Activity based training modules
NISTHA Training Module
The NISTHA online training module is made in collaboration with several resource persons. Some mentionable are the National Institute of Education Planning and Administration (NIPEA), Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS), Navodaya Vidyalaya Samithi (NVS), and Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
As per as New Education Policy (NEP), 2020, every teacher and headteacher is expected to participate in at least 50 hours of Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
CPD will, in particular, systematically cover the latest subject for teachers’ training. Some of them are
- Pedagogies regarding foundational literacy and numeracy
- Formative and adaptive assessment of learning outcomes
- Competency-based learning & related pedagogies, such as experiential learning, arts-integrated, sports-integrated, and storytelling-based approaches, etc.
NISTHA Training Schedule
|Phase||Duration||Courses (3 courses/month)|
|Phase 1||17-31 July 2021ÿ||Coordination Meeting with SPDs of Samagra Shiksha/ Directors of SCERTs/ SIEs/ / Secretary of School Education/ Heads of Autonomous Bodies and School Boards. Orientation for coordinators on implementation of NISHTHA Secondary on DIKSHA. Data gathering by the States/ UTs/ Autonomous organisations under MoE, MoD, MoTA, MoMA etc. Launch of the NISHTHA 2.0Registration of Teachers and School Heads on DIKSHA portal|
|Phase 2||1-31 August, 2021||Generic Course 1 - Curriculum and Inclusive EducationGeneric Course 2 - Integration of ICT in Teaching, Learning and AssessmentGeneric Course 3 - Developing Personal-Social Qualities for Facilitating Holistic Development of Learners|
|Phase 3||1-30 September, 2021||Generic Course 4 - Art Integrated LearningGeneric Course 5 - Understanding Secondary Stage Learners: A Guidance and Counselling Approach Generic Course 6 - Health and Well being|
|Phase 4||1-31ÿ October, 2021||Generic Course 7- School Leadership Development for Secondary School Heads: Concepts and ApplicationsGeneric Course 8 - Vocational EducationGeneric Course 9 - Gender Issues in Education|
|Phase 5||1-30 November, 2021||Generic Course 10 - School InitiativesGeneric Course 11 - Toy Based PedagogyGeneric Course 12 -School Based Assessment|
|Phase 6||1-31 December, 2021||Subject Specific Course 13 - Pedagogy of English/Urdu/ Sanskrit/ Mathematics/ Science/ Social Sciences|
|Phase 7||1-31 January, 2022||Reopen all the courses for its completion by all remaining learners|
|Phase 8||1-28 February, 2022||Data analysis and reporting|
How to do training under NISTHA Teachers Training for Assam?
If you are a teacher of any school in Assam, you can do training under NISTHA Programme. At present under NISTHA 2.0, Secondary level teachers can do NISTHA Teachers Training for Assam.
Requirements for NISTHA Teachers Training for Assam
To do NISTHA Teachers Training for Assam, there are some requirements. I will list below all of them.
- You have been a teacher of any school under Govt. of Assam.
- You have to have a smartphone with data pack for internet connectivity.
- Install DISKHA App.
- Register yourself in Diksha App or Diksha Portal. Click Here to get know How to register under NISTHA Programme or How to Register in DIKSHA?
- Select Appropriate Course or Class. For NISTHA Teachers Training for Assam, you have to select CPD..
NISTHA Teachers Training Schedule for Assam
For NISTHA Teachers Training for Assam, there is a schedule for 5 months. You have to finish 3 courses each month. I will provide the details of courses and schedule below.
|Course Month||Duration of Course||Course Details|
|1st Month||1-31 August 2021||Generic Course 1 – Curriculum and Inclusive EducationGeneric Course 2 – Integration of ICT in Teaching, Learning and AssessmentGeneric Course 3 – Developing Personal-Social Qualities for Facilitating Holistic Development of Learners|
|2nd Month||1-30 September 2021||Generic Course 4 – Art Integrated LearningGeneric Course 5 – Understanding Secondary Stage Learners: A Guidance and Counselling Approach Generic Course 6 – Health and Wellbeing|
|3rd Month||1-31 October 2021||Generic Course 7- School Leadership Development for Secondary School Heads: Concepts and ApplicationsGeneric Course 8 – Vocational EducationGeneric Course 9 – Gender Issues in Education|
|4th Month||1-30 November 2021||Generic Course 10 – School InitiativesGeneric Course 11 – Toy Based PedagogyGeneric Course 12 -School Based Assessment|
|5th Month||1-31 December 2021||Subject Specific Course 13 – Pedagogy of English/Urdu/ Sanskrit/ Mathematics/ Science/ Social Sciences|
For NISTHA Teachers Training, there is NISHTHA Portal or website. You can know any information about NISTHA. The most important in this portal is NISTHA Forum.
- Inclusive Education
- School Environment
- ICT in Education
- Environmental Studies
- Social Science
- Health & Physical Education & Sports
And many more.
DIKSHA is a portal or website for online school education and teachers training. It is operated by National Council for Education Research and Training (NCERT), Ministry of Education.
The full form of DIKSHA is Digital Infrastructure for Knowledge Sharing. It was launched on 5th September 2017. As of now, it is adopted by all the states and UTs of India. As well as CBSE, students and teachers.
DIKSHA is made for students and teachers across the country. Currently, it supports 18+ languages and the various curricula of NCERT, CBSE and SCERTs across India.
Relation between DIKSHA and NISTHA
NISTHA is an online teacher’s training programme launched by Govt. of India. As of now under NISTHA 2.0, the secondary level teachers have to complete 13 courses in a span of 5 months.
You have to complete all the 13 courses in the DISHA app or portal. All the courses are hosted or present in DISHA.
So, in simple words, NISTHA training programme is conducted online in DISHA App or DISHA Portal.
You have to register yourself for NISTHA Teachers Training for Assam in two ways.
- DIKSHA Portal
- DIKSHA App
NISTHA Training Registration Link
How to get Certificate of NISTHA?
After you have read and watched all the course content, you can earn a certificate. In the first 4 month you have to finish 12 courses. That is every month, you have to finish 3 courses. To get the schedule of the courses, click on this link.
Criteria to get certificate on Teachers Training for Assam
- You have to finish reading and watch all the course content for each 3 courses.
- You have to give an exam or assessment after finishing each course. The exam will contain 20 MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions)
- For Secondary Level Teachers, you have to score minimum 70% in the exam. That is you have to give 14 correct answers out of 20 questions.
- You will get a maximum 3 attempts to appear & score the minimum passing 70% in the assessment or exam.
- After each exam score will be displayed.
- If you have scored the minimum 70% marks and 100 % of the course is completed, the download option for the certificate will automatically appear after ½ hours.
NISTHA Certificate Download
You can check whether your certificate is issued or not by doing the following task.
- Go to Profile option
- Scroll down till the name of course appear
- Click on the Refresh Button against the course completed.
- On the right side, an icon of human eye will be visible. For there you can download the certificate in JPG or PDF format.
Moreover, you can correct your name in your certificate. You need to go to your PROFILE and use the EDIT button available under the ‘Content Preference’ section to edit your name.
Each course will have a different certificate. In a month, you can earn 3 certificates. And for the full programme, you will earn 13 +1 certificates.
Expected Outcome of NISTHA
- Teachers are trained as first level counselors. So, they can be alert and responsive to the social, emotional and psychological need of students
- Teachers are trained to use Art as pedagogy leading to increased creativity and innovation among students
- Teachers are trained to develop and strengthen personal-social qualities of students for their holistic development
- Creation of healthy and safe school environment
- Integration of ICT in teaching-learning and assessment
- Improvement in learning outcomes of the students
- Creation of an enabling and enriching inclusive classroom environment
- Develop stress-free School Based Assessment focused on development of learning competencies
- Teachers adopt Activity Based Learning and move away from rote learning to competency based learning
- Teachers and School Heads become aware of new initiatives in school education
- Transformation of the heads of schools for providing academic and administrative leadership in the schools for fostering new initiatives
In this post of NISTHA Teachers Training of Assam, I have covered all the major points. I hope you have got a fair knowledge of NISTHA programme by Govt. of India. In the upcoming post, I will bring details on the registration process of NISTHA program and much more.